Shell celebrated its first centenary in Norway in 2012. Shell’s success in Norway stems for its long tradition of co-operation and its belief that people are its greatest asset. Investing in employees’ education and careers lies imbedded in Shell’s global culture. Innovation comes only when employees and employers are committed to each other. Shell’s industry-leading career development programme adds to that. In Norway we are active in exploration and production on the Norwegian continental shelf, distribution of gas and also refining, marketing and distribution of petroleum products. Our main office is in Tananger (near Stavanger) and our downstream office is in Oslo. Our operations are run from Kristiansund. We employ more than 1,000 people in Norway and we are still growing.
Auto req ID 1708BR
Job Title Senior Structural Engineer
Country of Work Location Norway
Work Location Stavanger
Application Closing Date: 16th December 2013
Shell is a leading international energy company, employing some 101,000 people in more than 90 countries. In Norway we are active in exploration and production on the Norwegian continental shelf, distribution of gas and also refining, marketing and distribution of petroleum products. Shell is operator of two producing fields on the Norwegian shelf; Ormen Lange and Draugen. Our main project office is in Tananger, nearby Stavanger and our Downstream office is in Oslo. Our operations are run from Kristiansund. We employ over 1 000 people in Norway and we’re expanding.
Shell Projects & Technology (P&T) in Norway is responsible for Shell’s Norwegian projects and delivering technological solutions to projects around the world.
P&T in Norway function as a centre of excellence for Europe, the Middle East and Africa. The newly established organization is also one of Shell’s four global subsea hubs. The current portfolio in P&T contains exciting and cutting edge projects for Ormen Lange, Nyhamna and Draugen; which involve great challenges in developing technology.
Manage structural engineering team for Draugen offshore platform portfolio of projects. The portfolio of projects will extend the life of the platform and will expand the production capability of the platform. This position will provide direct supervision and mentorship for the Structural Engineering team consisting of five engineers. You will act as the primary technical approve for Structural Engineering design deliverables from the Engineering contractor. Ensure team of discipline engineers is effectively working with the Engineering Contractor company to follow detailed design, construction and installation of new facilities, including required platform area clearance and preparation works.
- Provide technical oversight and leadership to ensure technical integrity, constructability, functionality and reliability of new designs from the Engineering Contractor.
- Resolve technical issues within the discipline.
- Interface as needed with the Structural Engineering center in the headquarters office and the structural engineers at the platform site.
- Ensure adequate documentation handover to operations.
- Manage and forecast structural discipline staffing requirements over time.
- Hire and onboard new contract structural engineers as needed.
- Degree in Civil, Structural or Marine engineering (minimum BSc or equivalent) with higher-level degree or professional qualification preferred.
- Substantial experience in civil and structural engineering, preferably within Oil & Gas industry including international work in projects or operating units.
- Exposure to multi-discipline team working, project engineering and contract, HSSE and quality management.
- In-depth knowledge of Offshore Structures engineering with demonstrable record of achievement.
Prior work experience in or knowledge of the following categories are advantages:
- Supervisor, structural analysis software (e.g. SESAM, STAAD-PRO, ANSYS, USFOS, ABAQUS)
- Norway specific (NORSOK) and international industry standards and guidelines for structural.
- Knowledge of Metocean and Geo-technical engineering
- Norwegian language ability
All interested applicants are invited to apply for this job by clicking the link below:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW