Husky Energy is one of Canada’s largest integrated energy companies. Based in Calgary, Alberta, it is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol HSE and HSE.PR.A. Husky and its more than 5,000 employees operate in Western and Atlantic Canada, the United States and the Asia Pacific Region, with Upstream and Downstream business segments.
Job title: Drilling and Completions Technical Specialist – Offshore Drilling Rig
Job ID: 13871
Location: Offshore, NF, Canada
Husky’s Atlantic Region is seeking a Drilling and Completions Technical Specialist for a role on our offshore drilling rig, supporting drilling and completions activities.
You will be working offshore on a 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off rotation and will support our development and exploration program offshore.
While offshore you will provide technical support to the Senior Drilling Supervisor to ensure safe and efficient execution of the drilling and completions program.
Your specific responsibilities include:
- Monitoring and validating well executions as per well program
- Monitoring and documenting drilling and completions performance to enhance offshore operation
- Reviewing service company programs for content and accuracy
- Enhancing weather window operability of the rig and associated services.
- Reviewing onsite cost control and documentation
- Working with logistics to maintain inventories of consumable drilling products, supplies, and tools/equipment required by the rig and supply base
- Making recommendations to improve well design and operation
- Identifying training and development needs to improve operation efficiency
- Inspecting equipment and material deliveries to the rig
- Ensuring third party services are adhering to strict environmental standards
- Ensuring adherence to Husky’s Operational Integrity Management System (HOIMS)
- Conducting incident investigations and developing reports
- Ensuring regulatory compliance requirements are met
- Collecting data and conducting trend analysis
- Supporting offshore completion operations where requested
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A Petroleum Technologist Diploma
- A minimum of 5 years’ related experience, preferably working in an operations environment
- Exposure to offshore and/or harsh weather subsea development, is preferred
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to work collaboratively within a team, and with others outside of the formal organization (e.g. service providers, vendors, contractors), to achieve goals
- Sets high goals and standards of performance for self
- Above average analytical skills in order to secure relevant information/data and identify key issues and relationships to determine appropriate course of action to rectify deficiencies
Medical (Physical) Requirements/Standards:
- The successful candidate will be required to work offshore on a 3 week on, 3 week off rotation, therefore must successfully complete, and maintain, the medical assessment and required training for clearance to work in that environment.
The deadline for the submission of applications is Wednesday, October 29th, 2014.
To apply for this job, CLICK HERE