Noble is a leading offshore drilling contractor for the oil and gas industry. The Company owns and operates one of the most modern, versatile and technically advanced fleets in the offshore drilling industry. Noble performs, through its subsidiaries, contract drilling services with a fleet of 35 offshore drilling units, consisting of 20 semisubmersibles and drillships and 15 jackups, that focus largely on ultra-deepwater and high-specification jack-up drilling opportunities in both established and emerging regions worldwide.
Job title: Senior Manager – International Tax, Special Projects
Job ID: R115199
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Responsibilities include: managing special projects, exploring strategic alternatives and general merger & acquisition activity for the tax department; managing foreign countries’ income tax provisions to be in accordance with ASC 740; managing host country tax compliance, tax planning, and tax audits; developing and implementing internal procedures to manage tax risks.
1. Degree in Accounting, Masters in Accounting, or Masters in Taxation.
2. Master Limited Partnership or High Yield Company experience highly preferred.
3. Strong skill in complex tax restructuring and reorganization.
4. CPA preferred.
5. 6+ years’ public accounting (international tax) and/or oilfield services industry experience.
6. Familiarity with of U.S. income tax reporting standards ASC 740 (f/k/a SFAS 109).
7. Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
8. SAP and Hyperion experienced preferred.
9. Strong organizational, communication, and teamwork skills.
10. Approximately 20% international travel.
Manage special projects as assigned, including those which explore strategic alternatives and general merger & acquisition activity for the company, with a tax-centric focus.
Assist in development of tax restructuring alternatives and drive execution of plans, including acting as liaison with other stakeholders such that operational changes are executed effectively throughout the organization.
Manage quarterly and annual foreign countries’ income tax provisions, as assigned, in accordance with ASC 740, with assistance from external contractor and Division Controllers.
Work closely with Division Controllers and other departments (Accounting, Treasury, and Legal).
Manage income tax accounts and FIN 48 schedules.
Manage foreign countries’ tax calendar.
Reviews of statutory accounts and foreign tax filings.
Manage foreign country tax audits.
Responsible for host country tax planning and tax structure maintenance.
Responsible for host country cash repatriation.
Develop and maintain tax structures for new markets.
Review tax clauses for customer and vendor contracts.
Develop and implement internal mock foreign country tax audits to manage risks.
Perform due diligence and manage eliminations of unnecessary legal entities.
Other duties as assigned by management.
To apply for this job, CLICK HERE