Suncor Energy is a sustainably operated Canadian integrated energy company. Our company combines a leading position in oil sands with complementary operations in refining and marketing, North American natural gas production and conventional oil production internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
Job title: Competency Development Advisor
Job ID: 34917
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Reporting to the Manager Competency Development, the position will be responsible for competency based program development to support the identification, development and maintenance of competency within Suncor
- Lead the development, implementation and sustainment of the competency development programs according to the Suncor competency architecture
- Lead the implementation of the corporate standards related to the Suncor competency based learning and development practice,
- Collaborate with the different Business units, process owners, functional leads and learning advisors to ensure that there are clear processes, tools, infrastructure and resources to use competency information in competency based learning,
- Maintaining a corporate governance structure and process that will provide direction to the corporate competency program activities.
- Building the corporate wide capabilities in executing the different program elements
- Research and update the competency tools, practices and processes.
- Interface and collaborate with other organizations and the regulating bodies to ensure the Suncor program adhere to all requirements provincial, national and international standards,
- Create, assess and report corporately on the OEMS competency metrics,
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals
- Preferably a postgraduate degree related to Human Resources i.e. Adult Learning, Organizational Psychology or Organizational effectiveness
- Six to eight years of relevant work experience
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong workable knowledge on competency models, theory and practices,
- Specialist level knowledge of deployment and roll out of interventions at the corporate level,
- Skilled in program development and management at a corporate level
- Able to develop green field solutions with strong social intelligence and ability to influence from a non-authoritative position,
- The incumbent must be a self-directed, motivated and entrepreneurial individual, and a solid understanding of the learning development and workplace training processes,
- Analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Expertise and experience in leading the development of competency based initiatives through the development lifecycle from conceptualization to impact analysis.
- Effective use of change management practices to assist individuals and teams to take ownership for the implementation and sustainment of competency based learning and other related talent management practices
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and sustain QA on competency development initiatives
- Some travel will be required for this position
- Required to work in multidisciplinary teams
- High attention to details, deadlines and conflicting priorities are a source of moderate stress
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW