Wood Group PSN are the largest provider of brownfield services to the oil and gas industry. Our global network of over 29 000 people in more than 35 countries offers high integrity services that optimise the performance of facilities, maintain production, reduce operating costs, ensure asset integrity and extend the operating life of fields.
Job title: HSE Manager Shell GPS
Brief Posting Description
We are currently recruiting for a HSE Manager on a permanent basis located at our Tullos Office in Aberdeen.
- Providing strategic advice and guidance to Contract Manager on all HSEQ-related matters
- Rolling-out of ‘Group’ HSEQ annual objectives and initiatives and development of WGPSN and Shell HSEQ objectives, e.g. Safety Cocoon and Mind Safety
- Providing support to Client and HSE Advisors in the development and roll-out of Corporate HSEQ objectives and other initiatives
- Providing support to Client and Contract Manager in incident and accident investigations through the use of an appropriate Investigation process (e.g. Helix or Taproot)
- Monitoring ‘best-practice’ and developing ‘leading-edge’ HSEQ initiatives as appropriate to the business
- Supporting SBU Directors and Contract Manager in the timely production of both leading and lagging HSEQ Indicators
- Undertaking lagging indicator reviews of incident/accident trends and providing timely advice to Corporate Management on actions and initiatives
- Providing mentorship and training for graduate/new recruits into the UK HSEQ Group
- Providing cross-SBU support as required
- Carrying-out HSEQ Inductions for WGPSN New-starts
- Leading the development of HSEQ presentational material to support inductions and Contract initiatives
- Completion of Management Support Visits to on and offshore assignments and work-sites
- Development of a strong Client/Contract or relationship
- Proven health & safety and operational experience in an on/offshore role applicable to the energy sector
- Excellent communication and organisational skills; leader/manager & team player
- Background in an onshore (essential), or offshore health & safety role or operational role.
Business and Industry Experience:
- Oil and gas, or petro-chemical practitioner experience desirable
- HNC/BSc in operational/business or occupational health & safety-biased subject preferable; or equivalent industry experience. NEBOSH/IOSH qualified, internal/external auditor
Why is WGPSN ‘where you want to be’?
- We are the largest brownfield oil and gas service company in the world so there are always opportunities for the best people to fast track their careers through understanding and living the company’s core values
- We have operations globally so your career has the ability to bring you to some of the most interesting places in the world
- Our training and competence teams will provide you with the tools and ability to progress your career
Please quote job reference IRC122211 in all correspondence relating to this position.
Internal applicants must discuss their application with their line manager prior to applying.
Online applications only – no email applications
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW