Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Job title: Logistics Rail Expeditor
Job ID: 031041548
Location: Belle Chasse, Louisiana, USA
Chevron Oronite Company LLC is a subsidiary of Chevron Corporation, one of the largest energy companies in the world. Chevron Oronite manufactures over 250 different finished additive products in nine facilities around the world, and delivers them to bulk terminals worldwide. Our mission is to empower employees to provide value-added petroleum additive products and business solutions to fuel and lubricant marketers and OEMs worldwide. Chevron Oronite consists of more than 2,000 global team members who are part of one of the world’s leading developers, manufacturers and marketers of petroleum additives for lubricant base stocks and fuels.
Chevron Oronite is accepting online applications for the position of Logistics Rail Expeditor located in Belle Chasse, LA through June 14, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Manages rail fleet of over 700 tank cars which are used for:
- Shipping products to customers from the Oak Point plant and from toller locations.
- Shipping raw materials & purchased components from vendor locations to Oak Point plant and toller locations.
- Shipping materials to/from Oak Point and toller locations.
- Monitors business conditions and long range forecasts and fluctuates fleet size to efficiently support business needs (right sizing fleet).
- Tracks all rail cars in fleet using tracking software and proactively highlight exceptions.
- Works closely with Customer Service and Subcontracting Specialists:
- Validating delivery times.
- Expediting rail car deliveries when appropriate.
- Determining & maintaining a proper sized fleet for each business unit.
- Manages maintenance of rail car fleet:
- Works closely with Rail Transportation Services (part of Chevron Downstream) with scheduling rail cars for routine inspections and routine and non-routine maintenance service.
- Manages / schedules rail cars in local small shop for minor maintenance.
- Handles emergency maintenance issues.
- Creates weigh bills for some tolling location rail movements.
- Execute projects associated with:
- Increasing efficiencies in rail service.
- Supporting new business.
- Be the first point of contact for rail car inspections by government officials.
- Bachelors Degree (or 3 years directly related logistics work experience).
- 2+ years Supply Chain experience.
- 2+ years Logistics experience in strategic planning, scheduling, or expediting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PP, etc.)
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or Engineering.
- 2 years SAP experience.
- 3+ years experience in a manufacturing environment.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW