Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of nearly 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Job title: Reliability Engineer
Sub-category: Reliability & Maintenance
The Reliability Engineer (RE) serve as the primary point of contact for reliability strategy, long term engineering evaluations with the primary goal of ensuring unit availability and optimizing life cycle costs. As the Reliability Engineer you will interact with the maintenance, operations, and process teams for long term mechanical integrity and reliability issues. The RE will also interface with the area maintenance engineer to gain inputs into the long term reliability plan and to incorporate key reliability objectives into routine maintenance work. In this role you will work with the Reliability Team to solve complex reliability issues with the Subject Matter Experts (SME’s).
- Utilizes various reliability tools in support of continuous improvement including leading or supporting key activities of the reliability program.
- Responsible for maintaining a unit availability perspective and an equipment reliability strategy. This includes documenting problematic equipment and providing input into the maintenance, operations and turnaround strategies.
- Responsible for analyzing data and providing input and context to operational and maintenance activities.
- Supports the overall life cycle cost of the asset to meet business strategies by providing input to the following items.
- Serves to flag and advise the production team with regard to risks related to equipment reliability, unit availability and mechanical integrity.
- Provides reliability focused oversight for discipline engineering.
- Gives input into the yearly budgets based upon knowledge of the inspection, unit reliability plans, and the PM requirements.
- Provides “Area Influence” (ownership and direction) related to discipline engineering for cycle turnaround activities.
- Identifies reliability/availability improvement type projects and develops initial justification, incentives and business value to support the funding request.
- Inputs to large (capital or expense funded) projects
- Plays a leading role in the coaching and development of more junior engineers in the department, including new hires.
To apply for this job, Click on Next Button