Suncor Energy is Canada’s energy company – meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
Job title: Control Systems Specialist
Job ID: 10262
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta (CA-AB)
Reporting to the manager, control systems in situ, you will work within the Mackay River automation team and provide technical support to operations, maintenance and other stakeholders. You will apply our policies, standards and values in the execution of your work.
- Configure, program, troubleshoot and maintain existing process control systems (Honeywell Experion PKS C200/C300 based DCS)
- Maintain the control system infrastructure including system administration, cyber security, hot fixes, patches, virus definition updates, back-ups, etc.
- Support the commissioning and start-up of project-related activities
- Ensure the timely resolution of technical issues and technical support requests from other stakeholders
- Apply continuous improvement techniques to improve and optimize control systems reliability and performance
- Develop and or support automation best practices, standards and guidelines
- Ensure alarm and critical interlock bypass management
Experience and Education:
- Two or more years of experience in process control systems configuration, maintenance and/or troubleshooting support, preferably in an operating plant environment
- Experience in configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining the Honeywell Experion PKS C200 or C300 DCS or similar platforms and/or plant network communication systems
- Bachelor degree in a related engineering discipline
- Registered or immediately eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of digital buses like Foundation Fieldbus, Profi-Bus, Modbus, etc.
- Knowledge of communication protocols like TCP/IP, Ether Net/IP, Device Net, OPC, HART, etc.
- Knowledge of regulatory and discrete controls, including motor controls, variable frequency drives, safety instrumented systems, field sensors, final control elements, etc.
- Knowledgeable in the preparation and review of control deliverables, such as control narratives, logic diagrams, cause and effect diagrams, wiring diagrams, etc.
- You constantly ask what could go wrong and learn to anticipate potential problems
- You hold others accountable, and expect others to do the same
- This position has been identified as safety sensitive
- This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and supports our MacKay River operation
- If you reside outside of Fort McMurray, relocation of your primary residence to within 60 km of Fort McMurray is mandatory
- Relocation support will be provided; we offer highly competitive housing assistance to eligible candidates
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you’re genuinely excited about – as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW